Friday, January 25, 2008

Wow this is good!

While we were in Utah we stopped in a store called Emergency Essentials to check out their freeze-dried food. I bought some cans of fruit but Dale's sister Becky bought this can of Macaroni & Cheese. After we left I said I should have bought one too. She gave me her can to try. Well today I had 3 neighbor kids over so I thought I'd try it out. Every one agreed that it was really good. I was surprised how good it was. It was nice and saucy and had a great real cheese taste. Samantha was sure that it was from the grocery store deli (her favorite). I will be buying more of this. Not only does it taste good but the best by date is August of 2032!! FYI: next time I will mix it better when I add it to the water and I will leave it in covered for the full 15 minutes. I did it for only 10 minutes and the noodles were a bit firm.

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Thanks, we'll have to try that. We are trying to get our food storage built up and it is hard to get a variety of things that last a long time!

Rencher Fam said...

I'm going to have to stock up! I bet that is a lot cheaper than buying shells and cheese at the grocery store!