Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bottled Butter



When I first head about bottled butter I thought it sounded crazy. I googled bottled butter and found this recipe.

Real butter works best but margarine works too. Heat pint jars in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes. Heat lids in boiling water for 3 minutes. Slowly stir and melt butter in a pan. After it boils for 5 minutes, stir and scoop the butter into the hot jars. Use a funnel to keep the butter off the rims. Place hot lid and ring on the jar and wait for the "plink". Shake the jars several times over the next 15-20 minutes. While still warm, put the jars in the refrigerator. Shake every 10-15 minutes. The separation will stop and eventually the butter will harden. Leave in the refrigerator for one hour more. Bottled butter can store on your shelf for almost 3 years.

Dale still thinks I've gone crazy but how cool is shelf stable butter! It's super easy and looks so pretty.

1 comment:

Dickey Family said...

Thanks I will have to try this.