Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One Fun Weekend

We met Dale's sister Heather, her husband Jason and their dog Holly and went camping. The kids were soooooo excited.

Colin picked this pretty purple flower for me right when we stopped. I loved it and wish I knew what kind it was so I could have some in my garden.


I was glad it stopped raining just long enough to set up the tents and start a fire. It rained most of the night.


The next morning Heather and I took the kids on a hike. We saw a forest of ferns.




Two cute boys on a stump.

A cute girl by a crazy rock













A wood cattle guard (behind the kids) and a crazy log troth (on the right) full of water.







After breakfast we all went to a hummingbird thing. We got there kind of late, were about the youngest people there, and didn't see too many hummingbirds. We did get to see this Burrowing Owl and some hawks from the Game and Fish Dept.








While we were looking at this owl it coughed up a pellet. The lady holding it was freaking out because that's super rare to see. She said she's been working with the owls for about 15 years and she's only seen that once before. She took the pellet apart (the stuff on the table in front of the owl) and showed us the bones and teeth from the mouse it had had for dinner.




1 comment:

Toes on the Nose said...

Looks like a fun trip. I can not wait until the boys are old enough to take camping.